In conjunction with the SCR Collegiate Regional Tournament, the Lakes of Katy will be hosting the first ever NCWSA SCR Alumni Regionals the weekend of October 3-4, 2015.
If you skied on your collegiate water ski team (or just wish you had), we have a place for you.
Click Read More for South Central Alumni Information
- All skiers will be allowed to ski for their team (Out of region Alumni are welcome as well!!!)
- Team Scores will be calculated from the 6 best scores (regardless of sex or distribution) for the team.
- AWSA Class C/Grass Roots rules will apply to all events (No Jumping in GR).
- All skiers will ski speeds based on their AWSA age group (Slalom M1 & M2 – 36mph, M3, M4 & M5 – 34mph, Jump M1 & M2 5 or 5 ½ ramp up to 35mph).
- Alumni Skiers must have an NCWSA or AWSA jump score (or waiver from the tournament director) in order to jump.
- Slalom scores for all divisions will be calculated using AWSA total buoy counts.
- 2 Trick Passes allowed for Alumni Trick.
- Single Event – 2 rounds Max
- 2 or 3 Events – 3 Rounds Max
No Team Captains….all updates available on FB (https://www.facebook.com/events/885799338159680/) or on-site (which will supersede FB).
Entry fees: $55 per skier. Register online at www.USAWaterski.org . If not a current USA Water Ski member, a Grass Roots membership is available for $35, which allows you to ski Slalom and Trick. www.USAWaterski.org offers an on-line membership setup which we encourage you to do in advance. (Please.)
This is a Collegiate event; so parents be forewarned. However, if your child wants to come and ski, they can ski for the skiing parent’s team. The format is flexible; the purpose of this tournament is to HAVE FUN, see old friends and make new ones!
Saturday: 8:00am Start – All Slalom and Trick, and time allowing, Alumni Jump. Lunch provided onsite.
Saturday Night: 6:30 Dinner and 7:30 Texas Hold ’em Poker Tournament at the Kelms.
Sunday: 8:00am Start – Collegiate Jump and complete Alumni rounds as needed
We have reserved a block of rooms at a discounted rate. Rooms must be reserved by September 18, 2015 to take advantage of this pricing. Please use the reservation code below so we can keep track of the number hotel rooms used for this event.
Country Inn & Suites by Carlson, 25218 Market Place Drive, Katy, TX
Reservation Code: 1510TSWSLK
Camping allowed. Limited RV parking available.
Contact Lisa Holland (832-428-2583) or Kelvin Kelm (832-428-5463) for more information.