The NCWSA is taking applications for an immediate opening to fill the Awards Chairperson position.
Deadline: March 1, 2018
Seeking: A passionate individual willing to advance the role of the committee and build upon the amazing baseline established by the longtime outgoing chair, Jeff Rush.
- Maintain the inventory of individual medals for the 3 National events. National Championships, D2 Nationals, and All Stars.
- This includes creation and assembly of the labels before and at the events for distribution to the winners.
- Communicate with Nationals LOC to verify standards are met with regard to team trophies.
- Organize the voting and present the Phil Chase Outstanding Official, Bill Stevenson Outstanding Driver, and Spirit Award winners at Nationals.
- Present record certificates to record breakers at appropriate award ceremonies.
- Represent the NCWSA as the voting member for USAWS Awards Committee.
- Organize the nomination process and voting for annual NCWSA Awards: Athletes of the Year, Leaders of the Year, and Team of the Year.
- Collect names with verification for annual Academic All Stars recognition.
- Collect candidates and information for members to include into the NCWSA Hall of Fame.
- Seek out new opportunities to have teams and individuals recognized by the NCWSA, USAWS, and beyond.
- Organize the regional awards committee members to help with all tasks listed above.
- Attendance at NCWSA Board of Directors meetings is optional, but strongly encouraged.
- A travel stipend for committee chairs is available for the January meeting to help off-set the cost of attendance.
- Attendance at Nationals is a practical requirement to coordinate awards.
- A travel stipend is available to the awards chair to help off-set the cost of attendance.
- Although missing Nationals is not a deal breaker, a lot of pre-Nationals coordination will be required if the chair is not in attendance.
- Attendance at All-Stars is not required, but strongly encouraged.
- Awards will need to be coordinated prior to All-Stars if the chair is not in attendance.
Committee chairs interact directly with the Board of Directors as well as their committee which is composed of volunteers from each NCWSA region and an AAC committee member. Committee chairs are not part of the board of directors, but they are included on all board-wide emails along with the Honorary National Directors.
Interested in Applying?
Please prepare a brief letter that is about a half page. Within the letter please include your name, school you attend or attended, why you wish to chair the committee such as ideas for committee direction, and any relevant qualifications you would like us to know about.
Please email that brief letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.